|Unlock Requirement||Level 15 Paladin|
|Starting Weapon||Trivial Blaster|
|Primary Weapons||Blaster, Shotgun, Sniper,|
Wasp, Machine Gun, Laser
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
|+2.4% Armor per Level|
+4% Damage per Level
+33.3% Turn Rate while superspeeding
Originally intended as a training plane, the Old Faithful was pressed into full service when we lost our northern factories.
The Old Faithful is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Old Faithful has one maneuver, Flip 180°, with a Steam cost of 3 --- this maneuver is activated using the Maneuver input (for keyboard, S key by default). On activation, the Old Faithful quickly turns around in place (presumably by tilting its rudder all the way to one side).
The Old Faithful has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 35 (+35)
- Armor Self-Repair: 25 (+0.3/s)
- Max Steam: 10 (+10)
- Steam Recharge: 50 (+0.2/s)
- Super Speed: 25 (+1.25)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Option A||Option B|
|1||8||Fists of Glass
|4||109||Heat Absorbing Skin
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Old Faithful will have Armor and Damage values of, respectively, ~15.4 and 109% due to the effects of leveling multipliers.
- The Old Faithful used to be the starting plane, but it was replaced with the Quad.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Old Pepper: The Rebel City Store employs a grumpy grackle who only paints planes with bad-ass flames. It is her thing.
- Chill Faithful: Cool blue spikes transform this ancient training plane into a hipster fashion statement. Comes with built-in record player.
- Secret Angel: An Old Faithful trainer repurposed as a scout. The spiffy paint helps pilots avoid detection by anti-air.
- Burning Bright: 'In what distant deeps or skies. Burnt the fire of thine eyes? On what wings dare he aspire? What the hand, dare seize the fire?' -Billy Blake
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Spirit of Saint Leonardo: The wings on this Old Faithful use an earlier construction method of stretching thin hides over finely carved fir spars. Agile. Flammable.
- Angel of Faith: The new shiny military upgrade to the Old Faithful airframe. Retooled for production in our remaining factories.
- Forest Faithful: In the forested hunting grounds, our Rebels encountered a band of scoundrels who would camouflage their craft during the day and then harass the Nobility at night. We pay them a small retainer and they occasionally will act as our allies.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Faithful Ghost: When the Lady burned, one last plane circled her pyre until the end. The only sounds captured on the Order's radio were choked, incoherent cries.
- Corrupted Faith: The Imperial Intelligence (an oxymoron at heart) would gift these to would-be Rebels. We lost so many before we figured out where they hid the tracking devices.
- Holy Sorrow: The most vile trick one can play on a child is to teach them there is no difference between faith and guilt.
- Highest Calling: The napalm missed most of their body. That's what the doctor said. They could still fly. They could still fight. They must have been spared. For some purpose. That the rest of their family had not shared.